Dropshipping is a recent trend in the eCommerce world, where you being a seller can benefit from cutting down expenses in procuring, storing, and delivering orders. This module works in such a way that the seller outsources the products as per the order received and arranges for delivering them to the concerned buyer through the supplier or the order fulfillment agencies. This type of business model requires a lot of strategies and ideas to be sustained in the field. The initial stage of entering this business does not require much investment and the risk factor is also low compared to other forms of retail business. In general, your business strategies are the only way to aid you in the long run. Here is a complete breakdown of the top five dropshipping platforms.
How To Choose Dropshipping Platform?
Before starting with dropshipping, it is advisable to get yourself clear with the end-to-end concepts. To put it in simple words, finding the right supplier or an order fulfillment agency could solve most of your issues regarding dropshipping and also help in gaining goodwill among your customers. Let us now look at the key factors to consider while choosing the right platform for dropshipping. Considering these aspects, you can choose the perfect site to begin your business. This is the first step in entering this business, which should be done without any compromise. We shall now look at the features to be noted while choosing the platform for dropshipping.
- In general, the profit margin in dropshipping varies from one company to another and is solely due to the business pattern one follows. where pricing is the key factor to pay attention to. Each platform is different from the others. One charges a huge sum for dropshipping, whereas others are free. Choose a platform wisely where you can invest less and earn more.
- Choose a site that can be easily customized and that can be used easily. The platform you choose must be easy for the customers to navigate. The key factor in grabbing the attention of customers is to view your business model from the perspective of a customer, where you can identify the hindrances and rectify them at an earlier stage.
- Choose the platform that has already gained a significant number of users, which can easily get you more customers from the beginning. Popular platforms naturally have a strong customer inflow, so getting their attention is easier and quicker.
- Choose the platform that helps you in all aspects of scaling your growth.
- Customer support is a vital aspect of eCommerce to pay attention to because customers order online and customer support is the only means of communication. Choose a platform that has a good customer support team.
- The platform you choose must help you by providing the proper SEO and marketing tools to increase your business scale.
Top 5 Dropshipping Platforms
There are a few platforms that are best suited for the dropshipping business. We shall now see each of them briefly, from which you can choose the one that is best for you.
WooCommerce Dropshipping is an effective shop management tool for dropshipping businesses. It is great for running a dropshipping business. WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform on the planet. WooCommerce customers may install it with a single click, making it a perfect platform for non-technical users as well.
- Pros: It is built on WordPress, a popular blogging platform that allows users to integrate several free add-ons. WooCommerce has a large community of designers and developers that are actively promoting the platform.
- Cons: WooCommerce is still a plugin; hence, it cannot be used on sites that are not hosted by WordPress. There are a lot of costs. While WooCommerce itself is free to download and install, some extensions may demand a purchase in order for your site to function properly.
Magento is a developer-friendly eCommerce platform that requires at least basic programming experience. Magento is the third most popular eCommerce platform in the world. It is strong, yet difficult, and may not be ideal for novices.
- Pros: Magento is a completely free eCommerce platform that anyone can set up with minimal help. Magento is a sophisticated eCommerce platform with a user-friendly interface. Anyone who wants to establish a drop shipping business may use it to build an eCommerce store, but they will need assistance in dealing with issues and upgrading Magento.
- Cons: One of the main drawbacks is its expense. Magento is a more costly alternative than SaaS systems such as Shopify or BigCommerce. The eCommerce platform is extremely large, and Magento clearly articulates its merchant hosting needs. Only VPS (Virtual Private Server), cloud, or dedicated servers should be used to host it.
Shopify is arguably one of the most powerful eCommerce platforms for dropshipping. Shopify officially purchased Oberlo in 2016, a dropshipping plugin that simplifies product import and order fulfillment. It is one of the most popular eCommerce systems among non-technical consumers.
Cons: You have limited design customization options. It can be costly. Email hosting and marketing automation are not available.
BigCommerce is a hosted eCommerce platform. BigCommerce is a more economical hosted eCommerce platform than Shopify since it does not charge a transaction fee and provides unlimited staff accounts, among other notable features.
Pros: Most BigCommerce themes are free, and you can easily alter the layout to meet your needs. BigCommerce is easy to use. You may quickly create a trial account and begin using it.
Cons: Custom fonts are not presently supported by the page builder. Unlike other competitors, no shipping discounts are offered on any plan. The free templates could be a little easier to change.
Spocket is an eCommerce is also one of dropshipping platforms created for eCommerce business owners that primarily focus on dropshipping.
Pros: Spocket is extremely user-friendly and easy to use, with a variety of built-in capabilities. Spocket also provides 24-hour assistance.
Cons: You cannot access your suppliers’ stocks in Spocket. Advanced dropshipping features, such as automated tax rate assessment and package customization, are missing from the system. The 14-day free trial period is rather short for getting a feel for the platform.
Before selecting the platform for your dropshipping, be sure to choose the right one. As it is always said, your first step determines your journey. Be confident in your choice of platform, considering all the pros and cons. Look for the tiniest details too, and make a sure-shot move in your business.
You Can Also Read :- How To Start Dropshipping On Shopify