In a world of 7.8 billion people, close to 1.21 billion people use Instagram regularly in their day-to-day lives. And Instagram is listed as the 4th most visited social media platform on the internet. The number of people using the internet has increased drastically, with 424 million new users each year. Nearly half of the world has started using social media, estimated at around 4.86 billion people. Since a huge number of people visit social media every day, many companies have started to promote their products by running Instagram ads. Here’s everything you need to know about getting more customers using Instagram ads.
Instagram is the platform specially used by top companies like Nike, Starbucks, GoPro, Oreo, etc. all around the world to create brand awareness as well as to create a community to increase the customer’s loyalty to their product.
Example:- Nike increased the value of its brand by 14% by using Instagram Ads with a single hashtag #justdoit.
Statics shows that 85% of people who follows the brand page on Instagram tend to be loyal to that brand.
Instagram is one of the simplest ways to reach out to your target audience and familiarize them with your product.
How To Target Customers As Per Age group With Instagram Ads?
Male Instagram users account for approximately 46.5 percent of the total user base, while female Instagram users account for approximately 52.3 percent. Almost 70% of people using Instagram are under the age of 35. Of those, 30% of people are between the ages of 18 to 24, and 33% of them are between the ages of 25 to 34. These are the age groups that are considered most effective in terms of the consumption of new products.
Example:- People between the age group of 25 to 34 tend to spend more on beauty, lifestyle, and fitness products. And people between the ages of 18 and 24 like to spend more on electronic gadgets as well as fashion products.
Therefore, knowing your audience and smartly targeting them helps you gain a lot of customers in a short amount of time.
Best Performing Sectors On Instagram
Some of the highly profitable sectors in Instagram are…
- Fitness and health care products
Instagram is the place where people express themselves through photos, so everyone wants their photos to be the best. That’s why promoting photoshopping apps and software are highly profitable.
The majority of photographers today use Instagram to increase their profit by promoting their modeling and wedding photography companies.
One of the surveys shows that photographers got 68% more business using Instagram as a tool to promote their company.
The famous photographer Chris Burkard earns an average of $16000 per post on Instagram. This is the reason why photography is considered to be the top profitable sector on the Instagram platform.
Checkout chris burkard photographer and there ads.
Who wouldn’t want to upload a picture without a good outfit? Yes, that is the reason why clothing and other fashion brands earn millions of dollars using the Instagram platform.
The famous brand ZARA which has 51.7M followers make a huge amount of profit each year promoting their products on Instagram.
Popular zara ads which went viral in 2020
Instagram is the place where the majority of individuals update their vacation experiences. Hence, travel agencies and resort owners use this opportunity to promote their companies.
Instagram ads are said to have the highest conversion rate for travel and hotel ads.
Checkout what attract customer most in travel domain here.
With the number of female users on Instagram greater than male users, it is very easy for companies to promote and create brand awareness about their beauty products on Instagram. Famous brands like Huda Beauty, Glossier, Color pop, etc. have made a huge amount of profits using the Instagram platform.
Fitness and healthcare products: With the increasing number of people conscious about their health, the sale of fitness equipment and healthcare products has skyrocketed in recent years. The famous fitness and gym brand “Cult. fit” has made a huge amount of profit in recent years using Instagram promotions.
How Hashtags Create Popularity Among Your Targeted Customers?
As a social media platform, Instagram has limited search capabilities. Therefore, to reach more audiences and make your post or promotion visible to as many people as possible, properly using hashtags is crucial.
Example: The hashtag # justdoit created by Nike gave the brand immense popularity and reach among the users. As a result, the company generated a huge amount of profit in the following years.
Hashtags are mainly used to create a trend or popularity for a specific subject. For an Instagram feed and IG TV, you can use up to 30 hashtags, and for Instagram stories, you can use up to 3 hashtags.
How To Create Trending Hashtags On Instagram For Targeted Persona?
- Step 1:- Create a hashtag that is simple and easy to remember. (Example:-The hashtag from Nike, # justdoit, is very simple as well as easy to remember.)
- Step 2:- It is important to create a hashtag that is clear to understand. (Example:- #partynight is more clearer than #nightlightenjoyparty).
- Step 3:- Choose a relevant hashtag for your product or service.
- (Example:-If you are promoting trekking shoes, then # trekking, # mountain, # climbing, and # trekking boots will be more relevant than # fashion and # nature.) Using the relevant hashtags is very important because irrelevant hashtags will not lead to conversions.
- Step 4:- Choose trending hashtags to promote your product to gain more visibility. (Example:-If you are selling a Wi-fi operatable bulb, then trending hashtags #Alexa and #Alexabulb will give you more visibility and reach than using #vociecommandbulb or #automaticebulb.) The best way to find the trending hashtags is by using Adspyder. Adspyder is the best tool that gives you the current trend in the market by monitoring and analyzing various platforms such as Google search, Bing, Youtube, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
- Step 5:- Create your own hashtag that is very specific and unique to your brand. Unique hashtags will give excellent reach and brand awareness to people. (For instance, # ShareACoke is a very unique hashtag created by the Coca-Cola company that increased the brand’s reach and trending among people.)
- Step 6:- To make it easy to read, capitalize the letters in the hashtag. (Example:-# ShareACoke is easy to read when compared to # shareacoke.)
- Step 7:- Avoid using too short or too long words while creating hashtags. The characters between 10 and 20 are proven to be a highly effective word length for creating a hashtag. (Example:-# CampingNight is an effective word length when compared to the long word length # CampingFireLightNightStarePeople.)
- Step 8:- Yes, Instagram allows up to 30 hashtags for a post. But do not use too many hashtags in a single post since it will degrade the quality of the post as well as irritate your audience.
- Step 9:- Finally, do not forget to promote your hashtags by using them in your blog or on other social media channels while interacting with people.
Types of Instagram Ads
Let us see some of the important types of Instagram ads and how to use them effectively.
1. Image Ads
Images are used to promote your product using visually compelling and attractive images, and these ads generally appear on your news feed.
The advantage of creating Image ads
- Image ads are easy to create.
- Image ads cost less when compared to other types of Ads.
When can we use Image ads?
- Use Image Ads when you want to re-target your existing customers. (Example:-Promoting a newly launched phone to a customer who is already loyal to the same brand and has already purchased the previous model phone.)
- If you want to create an ad in a short time without much effort, then use image ads because they are very easy to create without much time and effort.
- Image ads are ideal for introducing a brand to the public for the first time.
2. Story Ads
Story ads are used to promote a product when the user is scrolling through Instagram stories. That is the reason why they are called “Story ads.”
Advantages of story ads
- Story ads are very successful since they are eye-catching and compelling to IG users. (Example:- If an Instagram user is scrolling through his/her friend’s recent trip to Andaman in an IG story, then seeing an ad regarding the hotel offers in Andaman will definitely compel the user to visit the hotel page to learn more about the offers and details.)
- Story ads have one of the best conversion rates; nearly 78% of people who see the story ad click on the link to visit the webpage, and close to 48% of those people end up buying the product or service.
When to use story ads?
- Use story ads when you want to target a customer who is willing or ready to buy your product.
- Use story ads when you want to register your brand logo in people’s minds because Instagram users have to see your brand logo on the top left corner to realize it is a story ad before swiping to the next story.
- Instagram story ads are quick, simple, and always deliver your core message to your customers effectively.
- Story ads are not more than 10 seconds, and a survey shows that most people swipe to the next story within 5 seconds. Therefore, your main message in an Instagram Stories ad should be short, crisp, and clear.
3. Video ads
Instagram video ads are used to promote products in video format. This type of ad is very effective since it interactively conveys more information.
Advantages of Video ads
- A survey shows that video ads hold users’ attention 5X longer than image ads and get 2X more comments than image posts.
- It is very easy to convey a lot of information in a few seconds of video ads.
- The conversion rate is high for video ads since people can listen and see about the product.
When to use Video ads
- Use video ads when you want to express your product in detail to your customers.
- When you want to create customer interaction and engagement with your product, then video ads are an excellent option.
- If you want to increase the number of visitors to your website, use video ads. Due to the interactive and captivating nature of video ads, more people talk about your product and visit your website as a result.
4. Carousel Ads
Instagram Carousel ads are a combination of both image and video ads. This type of ad is highly successful since it has the advantages of both image and video ads. Therefore, lots of big-brand companies mostly prefer carousel ads.
Advantages of Carousel Ads
- You can add up to 10 photos or videos in a single carousel ad.
- Since more photos or videos can be used in a single carousel ad, the overall cost of promoting your product will be 30%–50% less.
When to use Carousel Ads
- When you want to promote multiple products from your brand, then Carousel Ads are the best choice. (Example: Fashion brands use carousel ads to promote multiple products like handbags, dresses, and other cosmetics in a single ad.)
- Use carousel ads to build brand recognition among your target audience. Users will be more aware of your brand and its products because they can browse many products in a single ad.
5. IGTV ads
Instagram TV ads appear when the user is watching IGTV (Instagram TV).
Advantages of using IGTV ads
- IGTV ads are the best way to entertain and educate your audience about your product.
- IGTV ads create more engagement and conversions among your target audience as well as build relationships among your community.
When to use IGTV ads
- Use IGTV ads to boost the visibility of your products and services by educating and entertaining your target audience about your product.
- Use IGTV ads when you want to build engagement and conversions for your brand or products.
- Use IGTV ads to build good relationships among your existing audience and community.
How to set up Instagram ads:-
- Go to Ads Manager.
- Select Create.
- Choose an objective that supports Instagram as an ad placement.
- Select Continue.
- Fill in the details for your ad set.
- In the placements section, you can select Manual placements and select Instagram to have your ads appear on Instagram. If you select automatic placements, your ad will run across a variety of Facebook placements, including Instagram to give you the best value for your ads.
- Select Continue.
- You have now selected Instagram as a placement. You can complete your ad by adding details for your ad’s identity, format, and related links. Once you have filled in these details, you will be able to preview your ad before submitting it for review.
- Once your ad has been approved, it will appear on Instagram.
- You can see the running campaign in Ad tools and Insights.