Dropshipping is a relatively new term to customers and sellers alike. So what it is exactly? Dropshipping is a method by which companies accept orders from the customer without having the stock at hand. They instead coordinate with third party sellers who in turn ship the product to the customer. Therefore, the company where you have placed the order at, acts as a bypasser. So how does Shopify dropshipping come in here?
Shopify is one of the biggest companies, if not the biggest, when it comes to selling products and marketing businesses online. This makes them one of the most ideal companies for dropshipping. They directly connect you with vendors and sellers to get you what you want, even if they do not have it in stock themselves. Let us take a detailed look at how the process works by taking dropshipping with Shopify.
How To Create Shopify Account?
Creating Shopify Account is relatively a very simple task that can be done with just a few steps.
- Go to the Shopify ecommerce website
- In the middle of the page you can see a box named as “Try for free” next to a box that has to be filled up with your email
- Fill up your email and then click on the “Try for free” box
- A new page will open up with questions that determine your experience in the selling and E-commerce field
- Fill along all the details along with personal details such as the desired name of your store, location of the store and much more
- When you have done all this, your Shopify Account is ready to go
What is Shopify Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a new method by which you can receive orders from customers without having the said product in your inventory. There are plenty of dropshipping apps that allow you to add various products from various sellers into your store. So why would one need to choose this business model over other models? The benefit with dropshipping is that it does not require inventory or storage space. Also, the money is going from the customer to the seller, you are just acting as a bypasser and hence do not need to put in any money yourself. This model is very attractive and beneficial for startups. It can also be used by big companies if they do not have any available store space.
Shopify was initially started as a company selling snowboards online. Now they are one of the biggest, if not the biggest, online selling platform across the world. Tens of thousands of businesses across the globe use Shopify to sell their products – be it online, at a retail store or on the go even. Their aim is to make people independent by providing them with all the tools required to start, run and grow a business from scratch without too much hassle by just Shopify login. By doing all this, they are definitely making a change by increasing the business ownership and making a life in commerce a realistic option for everyone.
Now the question arises on why one should use the dropshipping option on Shopify compared to other sites? Shopify is the ideal site for dropshipping because they are incredibly economical, and this makes them the most attractive option for startups. In addition to this, they even offer a 14-free trial which is sure to make the lives of many young entrepreneurs much simpler. They also connect you with a wide range of sellers and over 100 dropship services as well. Their interface is very user friendly as well and thus makes it very simple to connect the product listings with the back-end order management.
Shopify has another exciting option for people who find starting up a new dropshipping business quite exhausting. With their Exchange website, you can buy an already existing dropshipping business. The website also provides significant information such as traffic and revenue data, which would give you a good insight on the business you are purchasing. If all of these are suited to your requirements, you can go ahead with buying, which is also very simple with the messaging system they have available.
Steps To Create A Shopify App Store
In the paragraphs above, we have covered the steps needed to create a Shopify Account and the Shopify login process. Now let us look at the steps needed to create a store and start your dropshipping business without any hassle.
- The first step needed to setup the business is to add your payment information, which can be done by accessing the settings page and selecting the “add your payment” on the left
- You have to incorporate shipping rates as well. Free shipping is recommended because the pricing can change with various regions and can become complicated
- Now you can launch your store by going to the Sales Channels tab on the Shopify account admin dashboard. There you can select on the “add an online store” option and you are ready to go
- You can customise the design of your store as this will greatly increase the impression on the customers
- The next step is to add products and you can do this by inbuilt apps such as the DSers app store that allows you to import and offer products. After installing such apps, name them according to the products you are selling
- You can even search products from AliExpress and import them to your store, if you are interested in selling them.
- Market your store using various methods such as social media platforms and much more. Your store is definitely not going to draw a lot of attention from the start and therefore depends on how well you can market it.